This potato salad is especially common in southern Germany. This salad is eaten lukewarm and prepared with meat broth and oil. This distinguishes it from its northern German version with mayonnaise, which is eaten well chilled. However, it is also eaten with meatballs, fried eggs or bockwurst.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 1 kg waxy potatoes
- 1 onion
- 125 ml hot meat broth
- 4 tbsp vinegar2
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives
- Clean the skin of the potatoes. Boil potatoes as jacket potatoes. Peel while still hot and cut into thin slices.
- Pour the slices into a bowl. For further preparation, place in a hot water bath to keep the potatoes warm.
- Peel the onion and chop finely. Pour over the potatoes along with the meat broth and vinegar and gently fold in.
- Finely dice the bacon and fry it in a pan with the oil until crispy.
- Add diced bacon and drippings to potato salad as well. Fold everything in and let it sit for about a quarter of an hour.
- Schnittlauch und Petersilie fein hacken. Zur Garnierung etwas Petersilie übrig lassen. Use to dress the potato salad before serving.
Tips & Hints
Keine Produkte gefunden.