Baked asparagus is a hearty option for preparing asparagus. A potato dough is prepared from boiled potatoes, flour and egg. Filled with precooked asparagus and pieces of ham, potato pockets are formed and baked or fried in a pan.
Leftover pieces can be easily reheated later. With a salad it also makes a great leftover meal.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 750 g asparagus
- 750 g potatoes
- 100 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 100 lean ham or boiled ham, diced
- 2-3 tbsp clarified butter
- 1/2 bunch parsley or chives
- Peel the asparagus and cut into pieces about 5 cm long. Bring a pot to boil with enough water, salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Cook the asparagus pieces in it for about 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears). Remove the asparagus, drain and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes as well, cut them into small pieces and boil them in salted water for about 20 minutes until soft. Remove the pieces from the water and pound them.
- To this mashed potatoes add egg and flour and season with pepper, salt and musakt. Mix everything into a smooth dough. If necessary, add a little flour.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll out into rectangles or shape with your hands. Place asparagus pieces on one half of each rectangle and spread the ham cubes on top. Fold the second half over and press the edges firmly.
- Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan and fry the potato pockets one by one on both sides over medium heat until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- The potato pockets can also be reheated later, for example, in a microwave. Or can also be eaten cold.