Hardly any cake counter in Germany today can do without Black Forest cake. There are various theories about the origin of the cake. And they don’t necessarily favor the Black Forest. Nevertheless, today it is produced in the Black Forest with great dedication according to old family recipes.
For dieters, this cream pie is not necessarily suitable. Cocoa bisquit bases are flavored with cherry brandy, a cherry filling is cooked, whipped cream is whipped and plenty of chocolate shavings are taken for garnish. But you should definitely try it once.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 300 g flour
- 250 g sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 7 eggs
- 400 g sour cherries
- 250 ml cherry juice from pickled sour cherries
- 50-100 ml cherry brandy
- 1,2 l cream
- 50 g sugar
- 3 sheets gelatine (or 1 sachet of cream stiffener)
- 4 level tsp cornflour
- 4 level tsp cornflourGarnish
- Kaiser cherries
- chocolate shavings
Preparation biscuit base
- Beat the eggs and sugar until quite frothy.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold into the mixture.
- Bake in a ring mould in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180-200°C. To ensure that the base is evenly high, here is our baking tip.
- TIP: The cake tastes particularly intense if you add some kirsch to the cream and soak the sour cherries in some kirsch overnight.
Completion cherry pie
- Cut the bottom into 3 equal parts. For this, use either a large sharp knife, thin twine, or a cutting aid from the kitchen utensil section of a big-box store.
- Whip the well chilled cream with the sugar until stiff. If the cake is served within a day, you do not need any other additions. If it is to be served later or if there is some left over until the next day, it is recommended to add cream stiffener or gelatine to the stiff cream.
- Bring 250 ml cherry juice to the boil, add the starch dissolved in a little cherry juice and bring to the boil again while stirring. Remove from heat, stir in sour cherries and let cool.
- Then stir in approx. 20 ml of cherry brandy and spread evenly over the bottom layer. Spread a layer of cream on the cherries, place the second base on top, press down lightly, drizzle generously with cherry brandy and top with a layer of cream.
- Then place the third layer on top and drizzle with cherry brandy as well.
- Now fill a piping bag with cream. Spread the remaining cream evenly on the top layer and around the edges.
- Now press chocolate shavings onto the edge of the cake. Use a piping bag to pipe on rosettes and decorate with Kaiser cherries.
- Chill the cake well in the fridge before serving!
Cherry pie baking course
If you would like to have baking instructions according to an old family recipe from a professional: Here you can even get a cherry pie diploma after taking a course on what you have learned:
Freudenstädter Street 2
Cherry Pie Festival
Baking competition and cake galore: one of the most famous cakes is not only baked with passion, every two years there is a cherry cake festival in the Black Forest in its honour. The centerpiece is a baking competition that both professionals and amateurs can take on.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2021-11-28 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API