The Black Magister is a sweet casserole with prunes and white bread. It is a specialty from Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. It is suitable as a dessert, but also as a sweet main course. It is not known where the name comes from.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 400 g white bread (not toasted)
- 500 g prunes (pitted)
- 200 ml water (for soaking the plums)
- 500 ml milk
- 2-3 eggs
- sugar as required (if it should be sweeter)
The day before
- Soak the prunes in water the day before (with a cinnamon stick if you like). Preferably overnight.
- Cut the wheat bread into slices and toast in butter on both sides. Drain the plums and save the liquid.
- Butter a baking dish or baking pan. Layer the white bread slices alternately with the plums in the pan. A layer of white bread completes the meal.
- Whisk the milk with the plum broth and eggs and pour over it.
- Finally distribute flakes of butter.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Sprinkle the casserole with powdered sugar and serve warm.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-10-04 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API