A particular speciality of Franconian cuisine is the “Saure Bratwurst”, also known as “saure Zipfel”. The name refers to the method of preparation, as it is cooked in a white wine vinegar broth. This makes the sausage slightly bluish.
The blue tips are served with a hearty brown bread.
Recipe blue pointed ends
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 1 l water
- 1 cup vinegar or Franconian wine
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 onions (cut into rings)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 Nuremberg sausages
- Bring the water to the boil with the vinegar and white wine.
- Add the onion rings, salt, sugar and bay leaves.
- Place the sausages in the finished broth and let them simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
Tips & Hints
Buy Nürnberger directly online
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-22 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API