Typical choux pastries are cream puffs or eclairs. The dough is first prepared on the stove and later baked in the oven. This creates large cavities inside. Since the dough itself is neutral, both sweet and savory fillings can be used.
It is important to follow the instructions for making dough exactly. And: do not open the oven while baking, as the dough will collapse.
Recipe choux pastry for cream puffs
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 600 ml water
- 400 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring the water and butter to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add the sifted flour with salt.
- Put the pot back on the stove and immediately stir steadily until a lump of dough has formed. If there is a slight white coating on the bottom of the pot, take the pot off the stove.
- For further processing, place the lump of dough in a bowl. Stir 1 egg into the dough. Stir until the dough has completely absorbed the egg.
- Then let the dough cool down a little. Mix the remaining 4 eggs into the dough. When the dough has a golden yellow sheen and long dough tips form when the dough is pulled up, it is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the dough into a piping bag and sprinkle the dough tuffs onto the basin tray. Alternatively, the dough can also be cut off with 2 spoons.
- Bake the cream puffs in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. They should be golden yellow. Do not open the oven for the first 20 minutes as the dough will collapse.
- After baking, let everything cool on a wire rack. Cut off the top third and fill the cavity in the pastry. For example with whipped cream for classic win bags.
Tips & Hints
Goes with it
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-09-25 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API