Prasselkuchen or clatter cake got its name from the sound when you bite into the cake. The crispy thin puff pastry “patter” and crunch. Originally, the cake is baked from a puff pastry, which is thickly topped with butter crumbles. On top comes a lemon-sugar glaze.
Very popular is an additional topping with a favorite marmalade among the crumbles.
Recipe Clatter cake
Old clatter cake recipe with butter sprinkles.Print Pin Bewerten
Servings: baking tray
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 200 g puff pastry from the freezer or frozen
- 250 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Rinse a baking sheet with cold water. Do not dry.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Cut the already finished puff pastry (height approx. 5mm) into rectangles of approx. 5 x 10 cm. Place the rectangles on the baking sheet.Defrost frozen puff pastry for 20 minutes beforehand.
- Lightly brush the dough pieces with water.
- Knead a crumble mixture from flour, sugar, butter and salt by hand. Spread the crumble on the puff pastry pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sift the powdered sugar. Add lemon juice and butter and mix everything evenly.
- Spread the glaze with a pastry brush or drop by drop af the finished cake pieces.
Tips & Hints
A quick and tasty cake. When you bite into it, it pops and crunches.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-06-06 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API