An Easter crown cake, large or small, usually consists of a yeast dough. How about a crown cake of mini cream puffs? An egg can be placed and the crown cake can also be filled. Since the dough for it (the choux pastry) is neutral, sweet or hearty fillings are possible.
The choux pastry is prepared on the stove and placed on the tray with a piping bag before baking. The dough is not that difficult. And it is a pleasure to serve your own cream puffs at an Easter brunch, for example.
Ideas for sweet and savory fillings
3 SWEET FILLINGS
Caramel cream, chocolate cream and a raspberry filling are also suitable as a spread.
3 HEARTY FILLINGS
Anchovy butter, spicy tomato spread and a herbal cream cheese are quickly prepared for fans of hearty cuisine.
Recipe for an Easter wreath made from mini cream puffs
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 600 ml water
- 400 g flour
- 150 g butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring the water and butter to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add the sifted flour with salt.
- Put the pot back on the stove and immediately stir steadily until a lump of dough has formed. If there is a slight white coating on the bottom of the pot, take the pot off the stove.
- For further processing, place the lump of dough in a bowl. Stir 1 egg into the dough. Stir until the dough has completely absorbed the egg.
- Then let the dough cool down a little. Mix the remaining 4 eggs into the dough. When the dough has a golden yellow sheen and long dough tips form when the dough is pulled up, it is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw 4 circles with a diameter of 10 cm on a baking paper. Turn the paper over and place on a baking sheet. Use a piping bag to spread 5 tuffs onto a circle. So that each crown cake consists of 5 mini puffs lined up next to each other.
- Bake the cream puffs in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. They should be golden yellow. Do not open the oven during the first 20 minutes of baking as the dough will collapse.
- After baking, let everything cool on a wire rack. The upper third can be cut off and the wreaths filled or left pure.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-07-02 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API