Egg butter is very suitable for fillings such as hearty mini cream puffs or as a spread for party bites. The basic mass consists of butter and yolks from hard-boiled eggs. Then it can be seasoned with herbs, peppers, nuts or other things as you like. It can be produced very easily and quickly.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 100 g soft butter
- salt, paprika
- 1 tbsp herbs such as tarragon, parsley or wild garlic
- Beat the butter until frothy. Mash the egg yolks with a fork and add to the butter. Mix everything evenly.
- Finely chop the herbs. Add to the butter and mix well.
- Place the butter in a mould or bowl and leave to set in the fridge.
- The butter can continue to be used as a spread. Or you cut 1 cm thick slices and cut out pieces of butter with a biscuit mold. The use of small wooden butter molds with a pattern on the butter pieces is also very nice.