Filderkraut is the regional name for a firmer form of pointed cabbage. The vegetable was named after the Filder plain near Stuttgart. The taste is finer than the well-known white cabbage. The “Filder Sauerkraut” is particularly well known. But this vegetable is also perfect as a raw vegetable salad instead of white cabbage.
Filderkraut / Fildererspitzkraut registered with the EU as a protected geographical indication (PGI).
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 1 medium pointed cabbage
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 onion
- 7 tbsp sugar
- salt, pepper
- Wash the pointed cabbage, quarter lengthwise and cut into fine strips.
- Finely dice the onion and add.
- Mix a dressing from oil, vinegar and sugar or agave syrup, pour over the cabbage and mix well. Tip: To help the sugar dissolve, first place it in a container, add a small sip of hot water and stir or swirl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Kimmich’s canned sauces
Tel.: 07127 – 51886
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-23 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API