Potato dumplings such as Thuringian dumplings are a popular accompaniment to various roast dishes such as sauerbraten or a beef roulade. However, many swear that the dumplings are more delicious and taste even better when they are fried again the next day.
The cold dumplings are cut into approx. 2 cm thick slices and fried on both sides until golden brown in hot butter. A scrambled or fried egg on top. And a salad with it.
A quick leftover meal is ready.
This makes these dumplings a classic leftover meal with many fans. The preparation can be savory or sweet. The rest of the dumplings can also be put on the plate in the same way.
Recipe Fried dumplings use leftovers
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 8 cold dumplings or dumplings
- 2 tbsp butter or clarified butter
- ham cubes
- salad with dressing
- cinnamon and sugar
- roast leftovers, red cabbage, sauce
- Cut the dumplings into slices about 2 cm thick. Melt the butter in the pan. Fry the slices on both sides for 3 minutes until golden.
- Variation 1: Toast the ham cubes in a pan. Sprinkle over the dumpling slices and serve with a salad.
- Variation 2: Sprinkle the slices with sugar and cinnamon and serve with applesauce.
- Variation 3: Warm the leftovers with sauce and red cabbage. Arrange on a plate. Place the chopped dumpling slices on top.
- Variation 3 is very popular, especially after the Christmas holidays and is occasionally even offered in restaurants. The recipes are also suitable for the rest of the dumplings.
- Hochwertiger Edelstahl, Außendurchmesser - 20cm
- Innen: 6-Lagen TEFAL Prometal Pro Antihaft-Versiegelung
- Mit THERMO-SPOT
- Starker induktionsgeeigneter Kapselboden
- Geeignet für alle Herdarten, auch Induktion
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-27 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API