Bickberry soup is a sweet fruit soup made from blueberries or bilberries. Just like the elderberry (or lilac berry) soup, it is a simple dish that is eaten warm. Cold, the Bickbeer Soup is wonderful as a cold dish for the warm summer months.
Served with semolina dumplings as a warm accompaniment or cold egg white dumplings. To do this, simply whip 2 egg whites until stiff and spoon off dumplings.
Recipe Hamburg Bickberry Soup – elderberry soup
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 500 g water
- 1,5 ltr grated zest of an organic lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sugar (also try brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp starch flour
- Bick berries wash and sort (remove stalks, leaves defective berries). Then bring to the boil in cold water and simmer over medium heat in a covered pot for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour in a very little cold water and add to the soup until thickened. Again briefly bring to the boil.
- Strain the soup through a sieve and season with sugar.
Tips & Hints
Goes with this