Knuckle of pork – a specialty
A popular classic from the grill is the knuckle of pork or pork knuckle – a grilled knuckle of pork. The knuckle is served with sauerkraut and dumplings or simply with a pretzel . A knuckle of pork is used for this – a part from the front or rear leg of the pig.
Here you can find more information and regional names for the pork knuckle.
Traditionally, pork knuckles are served with a yeast white beer in a beer garden, for example. Many grill stations, restaurants and snack bars also offer this hearty specialty throughout Germany.
The knuckle can also be cooked in the oven. Here is a recipe with black beer.
Recipe pork knuckle with black beer from the oven
Whether grilled or fried, this variant with black beer is worth a try.Print Pin Bewerten
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 1 kg pork knuckle with bone (the rear knuckle has a higher proportion of meat.)
- 1 bunch soup greens
- 2 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 bottle black beer (optional)
- 1,5 kg fresh sauerkraut
- 1 ltr white wine or pork knuckle brew
- 50 g onion
- 1 bacon
- 3-5 bay leaf
- allspice grains
Knuckle of pork
- Put the pork knuckle with the chopped soup greens and the spices in a large saucepan. Add enough water until the meat is completely covered with it.
- Simmer everything for about 2 hours, do not let it boil. The meat is done when it can be easily removed from the bones.
- At the same time, leave the bacon in a suitable pan or saucepan, sauté some onion and fry the finely chopped sauerkraut.
Knuckle with crust
- Take the pork knuckle out of the brew and place on top of the cabbage. Then cook in the oven at 200 ° C, always pouring the black beer over them.
- After about 45 minutes, when it is crispy, the knuckle is ready. Check constantly depending on the stove.
Tips & Hints
Serve with puree, half / half of potatoes and celeriac, dumplings or a pretzel. A fine regional mustard on request.
Recipe Bötel with clay and straw
A hearty dish from Saxony-Anhalt: pork knuckle with mashed peas and sauerkraut.Open recipe
Keine Produkte gefunden.