Liver Berlin style
Liver Berlin style is classically prepared from calf’s liver. It is a very simple and especially early typical Berlin dish. The liver is cut into slices, dredged in flour and fried in a pan. Then add apple rings and onion rings and fry.
The liver is classically served with mashed potatoes and carrots or lettuce.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 4 slices calf's liver
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 onions
- 2 apples
- 60 g clarified butter
- 100 g flour
- salt, pepper
- First wash the liver and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Peel the onions, cut into rings. Peel apples, remove the core with a corer and cut into rings.
- Mix the flour well on a plate or in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Turn the liver slices in it.
- Melt 30g clarified butter in a hot pan. Fry the slices of pancetta in it until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Now fry the floured liver slices on both sides for about 5 minutes each.
- In the meantime, melt the remaining clarified butter in a second pan and sauté the apple slices. When they are ready, take them out.
- Then braise the onion rings in this pan.
Tips & Hints
Arrange the liver on plates. Cover with the apples and onions. Finally, place a toasted slice of bacon on top of each. It goes very classically with mashed potatoes.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-05-30 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API