Lost eggs are eggs that stagnate in a water bath. The solid egg white envelops the still liquid egg yolk. Poaching is the gentle method of cooking. These eggs are eaten warm with a sauce, with spinach or cold on a slice of bread.
In addition to the classic preparation, there are now numerous aids that make the preparation of poached eggs much easier.
These eggs can be prepared the day before and then gently reheated in a sauce. This also makes them ideal for brunch .
Where does the name come from? If a chicken laid an egg without a shell, it was literally a lost egg or diaper.
Recipe lost eggs or poached eggs
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 l water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Vinegar and salt add. The vinegar causes the protein to coagulate more quickly. Reduce the heat so that the water only simmered slightly.
- Beat the eggs one by one, put them in a cup and pour them into the hot water, one at a time, close to the edge.
If you want to get a compact form, proceed as follows:
- Hold a ladle in the hot water. Put an egg in it. As soon as the egg begins to stagnate, slide the egg into the water.
- The egg is ready when the egg white is solid all around. The egg yolk should still be runny. This takes about 5 minutes per egg.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-23 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API