Verheiratete is a simple but filling dish in the Saarland. Potatoes and a flour dough (Mehlknepp) are cooked separately, but come together on the plate.
This salad goes well with it
Recipe Married – Verheiratete
Flour dough and potatoes form an alliance here.Print Pin Bewerten
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 750 g potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 500 g flour
- 125 ml milk (or cream)
- 250 ml mineral water
- 150 g dried meat (or streaky smoked bacon)
- 2 onions
- salt, pepper
- ground nutmeg
- Mix in a bowl of flour, eggs and mineral water and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring a large enough pot of water to a boil.
- Cut off pieces of the dough with a tablespoon, put them into the boiling water and let them steep for 5 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, wash, cut into pencils and cook in a little salted water.
- Peel and dice the onions. Also dice the smoked bacon and fry it in a pan. Sauté the diced onion in it. To deglaze, use the milk. Taste.
- Drain the potatoes and flour dumplings.
- Now alternate layers of potato sticks and flour rashers in a large preheated bowl. Pour the bacon-milk sauce over everything.
Tips & Hints
Served with Bettsejer (dandelion leaves salad) or fresh leaf salad.
Recipe dandelion salad Bettsejer
A Saarland speciality that also goes well with other dishes.Open recipe