Meatloaf false hare
False rabbit is a meatloaf that usually consists of a mixture of beef and pork. A mince was prepared from the meat and placed in a ceramic or copper hare pan. Since no real rabbit was cooked in the intended form, the name “false rabbit” was created. Later the minced meat was formed into a simple roll similar to the saddle of a hare and cooked in a saucepan.
Hard-boiled eggs or carrot strips or pickled cucumbers can be added to enhance the value. The meatloaf is cut into slices and can be served warm or cold
Our Easter lamb suggestion is a special form of the Meatloaf false hare.
Recipe false hare
A meatloaf recipe with eggs as a filling. Can be eaten warm or cold.Print Pin Bewerten
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 500 g minced beef
- 500 g minced pork
- 2 rolls soaked in water or milk
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 1 onion
- 100 g diced pork belly (to taste)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs (if necessary)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp starch flour
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- Squeeze out the rolls well. Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- The meat with Mix the egg, spices, onion, bread roll and the pork belly together. If the meat is still too moist, add a little breadcrumbs.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour some of the mince mixture into the tin. Arrange the 3 boiled eggs and the diced carrots on top. Pour the rest of the mince mixture on top.
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven on the middle rack and cook for 45 minutes.
- Then switch off the oven and let the roast stand for 10 minutes.
- Take the beard out, place it on a platter and serve cold or warm in slices.
Tips & Hints
This minced meat is sometimes seared in a casserole on the stove and then braised for about 60 minutes.