Mulled wine recipe
Mulled wine is an alcoholic drink that consists of red wine and spices. When warmed, it has a stimulating effect together with spices such as cinnamon and cloves. It is offered especially in the Advent season on Weinhanchtsmärkten. The precursor originated in ancient and medieval times as “spiced wine”.
Use a good red wine to make mulled wine yourself – it’s worth it.
Today, mulled wine is also offered ready seasoned in bottles. But it is also worthwhile to simply make the drink yourself for the private “Cheers” in the snow. You choose the wine yourself.
For the Christmas market feeling just take the matching cups from last year’s Christmas market.
Recipe mulled wine
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 1 bottle red wine with a fruity note ( e.g. Dornfelder, Syrah or a Merlot))
- 2 cloves
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 organic orange (grated peel)
- 1/3 organic lemon (grated peel)
- 1/2 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Put all ingredients together in a saucepan and let steep overnight if possible.
- Then heat everything up to about 40 degrees and sweeten a little more with some cane sugar if needed.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-06-03 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API