Along with white cabbage, red cabbage, red cabbage and red cabbage are one of the most popular types of cabbage in Germany. As a cooked side dish, it is often served with various roast dishes such as beef roulades or sauerbraten . As with many specialties, there are also different recipes here. This preparation is very delicate and aromatic.
Prepare a multiple of the amount and freeze in portions. It works well vacuumed. If necessary, the bags are simply heated in a water bath and in no time you have delicious homemade red cabbage.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 500 g red cabbage
- 1 tart apple (e.g. Breabourn)
- 1 small potatioe
- 3 tbsp cranberries
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 50 ml red wine
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 2 juniper berries
- Salt, sugar and possibly other vinegar (to taste)
- Remove the outer leaves and the stalk from the red cabbage. Wash and plan everything finely with the hamd or a food processor.
- Remove the skin and core from the apple. Dice the apple into pieces. Heat clarified butter in a saucepan and and sauté the apples briefly.
- Add the red cabbage along with the spices (bay leaves, cloves and juniper berries. Braise everything briefly and then add the broth.
- Bring the caraut to the boil. Then simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Finely grate the peeled potato and add to the cabbage. It causes the red cabbage to thicken. Let simmer for another 20 minutes. Don't forget to stir.
- Then add red wine, vinegar and cranberries and simmer for another 5 minutes. Finally, season with salt, sugar and possibly vinegar.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-06-25 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API