This sausage salad is usually served as a snack in southern Germany. A finely cut boiled sausage such as a Lyoner or meat sausage is dressed with a dressing made from vinegar, oil and onions. Some also mix in a few sliced cheese strips.
The Regensburg sausages are used for the Regensburg sausage salad. These are spicy, only 10 cm long boiled sausages from the city of Regensburg. Also called Regensburg Knacker in the area.
Another variant is the black sausage salad as a Swabian variant. Instead of the boiled sausage, a smoked black sausage (blood sausage) is used. It consists mainly of bacon and blood. Below is a simple basic recipe.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 600 g meat sausage (e.g. Lyoner)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Pepper, salt, paprika
- Peel off the meat sausage and cut into fine strips. Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Mix the vinegar, water and spices. Then stir in the oil.
- Arrange the sausage salad in deep plates and sprinkle with parsley.
- A hearty bread, pretzel or lye pastry goes well with it. If desired, fine strips of cheese can also be added.
Goes with it
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-20 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API