Zerbst is a city in Saxony-Anhalt and also asparagus growing area. In addition to an asparagus festival in June, various recipes for this vegetable have also become established. One of them is the Zerbester asparagus soup. It is a cream soup that gets small diced hard boiled eggs as a topping.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 500 g soup asparagus or normal asparagus
- 1 l salt water
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 4 tbsp sweet cream
- 2 hard boild eggs
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Peel the asparagus and cut into 2-3 cm pieces. Boil the salted water with the sugar and cook the asparagus in it for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the water. Set half aside, puree the other half.
- Add the pureed asparagus and top up with more asparagus water until you have a creamy soup. Add the cream and spices. Then add the asparagus pieces to the soup.
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and mix with the parsley.
- Serve the soup in plates, placing the egg-parsley mixture in the center of each.
Tips & Hints