Spätzle are a very typical dish for the Swabian region. Mostly eaten as a side dish, but also as a main course, this pasta made from flour and fresh egg. The special feature is the preparation: the scraping.
The moist dough is pressedwith the help of a spaetzle press.Advertising (Spätzleschwob) or by scraping the dough on a spaetzle board with a spaetzle scraper.Advertising put directly into boiling water. The spaetzle can be eaten solo or as a side dish.
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 500 g flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 150-200 ml water
- Mix flour, eggs, water and salt until a dough is formed.
- Beat this dough until it bubbles.
- Then let the dough rest in a bowl covered for 30 minutes.
- To cook, first bring water to the boil with a little salt in a large enough pot.
- Put some of the dough on a spaetzle board and quickly scrape small pieces with a sharp knife directly into the boiling water. You can also use a latex scraper for this. Repeat this until the dough is all gone.
- The spaetzle are ready when they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain briefly.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-01-27 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API