The Rostbrätel or colloquially Rostbrätl is in Thuringia often right next to the Roster(Thuringian Rostbratwurst) on the grill. “Rost” here is the grill and “Brätl” is what is grilled on the grill. Typical is the marinating of the meat with onion and beer for several hours. And: the addition of beer during the barbecue.
Classically, the Röstbrätel is served with bread as a snack or with potatoes and cabbage. But always on top are the onions from the marinade which are cooked to a sauce. Or just pan roasted onions. If you don’t like it, just leave out the onion.
Recipe Thuringian Rostbraetl
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 5 slices pork neck
- 200 ml light beer
- 50 g oil or margarine
- 4 onions
- medium-hot mustard
- salt, pepper
- Lightly pound the meat slices and season with salt and pepper. Spread mustard on both sides.
- Peel the onions and cut them into rings.
- In a saucepan, line the bottom with onion rings. Meat on it. Drizzle everything with a little beer. Then another layer of onions, meat and beer until all the meat is used up. The meat should be completely covered with the marinade.
- Cover the pot with a lid and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pot and remove the onions. Grill the meat on a grill or in a pan on both sides for about 3 to 4 minutes. On the grill, spray the meat again with beer.
- Put all the remaining ingredients from the pickled meat in a saucepan and simmer together with the margarine.
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2023-09-25 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API