It is impossible to imagine Thuringian cuisine without Thüringer Klösse made from potatoes. In the production they are very complex, however, are offered in Thuringia in almost every inn and also in the family there is it to the Sunday meal.
Grating including squeezing works wonderfully with a fruit juice centrifuge. Then continue as described. (Thanks for the tip to our user G.Adler)
Depending on the region, there are different names for it such as Klies, Grüne Klöße or Hütes. The term green dumplings refers to the raw potatoes.
The ingredients used are 2/3 raw potato mixture and 1/3 cooked potatoes and salt. The raw potatoes are grated, squeezed and only the dry potato mass is further processed with the settled starch flour and salt. Whisk the hot overcooked potato mixture into the raw mixture in batches. Then round dumplings are formed and left to steep in hot water.
The trick is to boil the dumpling water and porridge already before the raw potatoes are removed from the press. Otherwise, the dumplings get a dark color. To avoid this, the Thüringer Klösse are occasionally also sulphurised, which gives a perfect colour and does not affect the taste. Suitable for this purpose, for example, a knife tip Onewe (advertising). This is a preservative that is used, among other things, for the preservation of
Meat is served with it.
Recipe Thuringian dumplings
Ingredients & Shopping list
- 3,3 kg potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp potatoe starch
- Put 1100g of the potato cut into small pieces in a pot, cover with water, add the salt and bring to the boil. Cook softly.
- In the meantime, grate the 2/3 of the potatoes (in this case 2200g) as finely as possible. Then comes the part that requires strength. The grating must be squeezed until it is very dry. This works best with a potato press bag.
- If you want to save yourself the effort (or have to) and have a taste for these Thuringian dumplings, it is best to use the Original Thuringian Dumpling Press.
- Now finely crumble the dry potato scraps by hand into a large bowl. Add the potato starch and stir.
- Blend the soft boiled potatoes with a hand mixer to a liquid paste. If it is too thick, add a little boiling water. Bring everything to the boil so that the porridge bubbles.
- Very quickly whisk this boiling mash into the dry potato rub. The result must be a nice smooth, shiny dough.
- Immediately form dumplings with wet hands and place in the hot, not boiling water. Let the dumplings sit quietly for about 10 minutes. Don't cook!
Tips & Hints
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2024-03-01 / Affiliate Links. Als Amazon-Partner verdienen wir an qualifizierten Verkäufen. / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API